1943 Garfield Ave.
West Liberty, IA 52776-9034
Phone: (319) 627-2171
Fax: (319) 627-4982
Located to the north of Tipton, Red Oak Grove Presbyterian Church and Cemetery is a Christian site that has served the people of Tipton, for over 100 years. The ten-acre (4.04 hectare) site of the church and cemetery is nestled between Oak Park Golf & Recreation and the Red Oak Park. In 2010, the church and cemetery were added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Bethel AME Church was built in 1868. This church was originally built as a place of worship for African-American people. It is located in Iowa City, Iowa, and is also one of the oldest structures since it dates back to 1868. Initially, the church had a 600 square-foot (55 square-meter) space that could accommodate 50 people, but later an additional 4000 square-foot (371 square-meter) sanctuary was built.
Iowa City was incorporated in 1839 after the decision was made to make it the capital and replace Burlington. The Old Capitol building with its stunning cupola is a major attraction while the Iowa Avenue Literary Walk is somewhat an equivalent of Hollywood's Avenue of Stars. In fact, UNESCO declared the city as a "City of Literature", which also enjoys other sobriquets such as "America's 10 Most Enlightened Towns" and "Gayest Cities in America". A visit to this truly open-minded city is in order while in America.
A member of the National Register of Historic Places, The Trinity Episcopal Church is situated at 320 East College Street. The history of the church goes back to the mid 1880s when the building was just used as a missionary center. Gradually it became a place of worship for the parish and was made into a church in the year 1871. The architecture of the church is of Gothic Revival style. The church structure has not changed since its establishment, but additional amenities have been introduced.
Congregational United Church of Christ is located at Iowa, United States. The church building was built in 1869, and Chicago-based architect Gurdon P. Randall designed it. It is an example of Gothic Revival style of architecture, and it got added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 18, 1973.
Iowa Memorial Union was built in 1924 and is an important building of the University of Iowa. This college union structure is the heart of the campus as it is always buzzing with activities. Whether it is to socialize, meet, eat, take part in student organizations or attend cultural programs, there is lots going on at this historic facility. It features meetings halls, conference rooms, a library, a lounge, studio, a chapel, music room, library room, cafe, ballroom, cafeteria and theater. It is also the base of the UI Community Credit Union, Office of Student Life and Iowa House Hotel.
The esteemed First Presbyterian Church is sited at Muscatine in Iowa. Accurately located at Iowa Avenue, it has adapted the Gothic Revival style of architecture. The noted monumental site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built in the 1841 alongside the Mississippi river by Jackson Kemper, the Trinity Episcopal Church is a historical building registered in the National Register of Historic Places. The church underwent large-scale changes in 1894 and was reconstructed in 1939 after an unfortunate incident. The changes made included a new altar, a parish hall and a new organ. Since its inception, the church has had 31 priests serving it. The church caters to many social activities like elderly housing, Loaves & Fishes food ministry, family planning clinic and many more. Visit website to know more.
Beautiful and grand, a look at King Memorial Chapel is enough to mesmerize you. Completed in 1882, and since 1976 listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this 130-foot (39-meter) high chapel started out in uncertainty. Mid-way, with half-done walls, the contractor went bankrupt. The financial burden was so huge that the college had to be mortgaged to pay off the bills. The faculty turned out to be the saving grace who contributed their salary. By 1882, the college was free of debt and ready to finish the building. The main auditorium, which seats up to 800 people, is where students gather every day. It has a Moller organ with 3800 pipes and is the venue for several musical performances.