1142 Sniders Highway
Walterboro, SC 29488
Phone: (843) 538-2503
Fax: (843) 538-7478
1142 Sniders Highway, Walterboro, SC, US, 29488
- Phone: (843) 538-2503
- Fax: (843) 538-7478
Walterboro Historic District is an integral part of Walterboro's history and heritage. The buildings in this district were mostly constructed between 1800 and 1940s era; residential constructions dominate this area, there are few religious and public buildings too. Incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places, Walterboro Library Society Building and Walterboro High School are few of the many historic buildings within the Walterboro Historic District.
Located a few miles west of Beaufort off US Highway 17, this magnificent 1757 Greek Revival-style church was originally called Prince William Church Parish. Although only the ruins remain after being burned during the Revolutionary War and again in the Civil War by William Tecumseh Sherman in his "March to the Sea", it is a popular historic landmark and travel destination for great photographs. Many weddings and special events are held here among the beautiful tall columns of the church, ancient oak trees and grave sites. A church service is held the second Sunday after Easter. Open dawn till dusk daily. Admission is free. There are no facilities available.
Located near Givhans State Park along the historic Edisto River where tupelo trees grow, this family-owned bee farm aims to educate visitors on the importance of honey bees and the honey they produce. In addition to tours of the farm and bee production, the park offers a petting zoo for children with monkeys, lemurs, lamas and wallabies. A gift shop also features varying sizes of honey and beeswax figures and candles, lip balm, hand creams and chocolate-covered honey candy. The Bee City Café offers simple lunch fare that includes hamburgers, cheeseburgers or hot dogs, but visitors are also welcome to bring a picnic. - Natasha Lawrence