879 Mississippi Drive
Tupelo, MS 38801
Phone: (662) 840-2380
Fax: (662) 840-8317
879 Mississippi Drive, Tupelo, MS, US, 38801
- Phone: (662) 840-2380
- Fax: (662) 840-8317
Home of Tupelo Community Theatre, the brick Art Deco-style Lyric was "one of the few buildings to escape the fury of the 1936 tornado unscathed." Originally named the Comos, the Lyric's balcony is rumored to be the location of Elvis
The collections at this Library are sure to interest and excite lovers of literature, art and history.
Marking the clash between the Unions and the Confederates in the Battle of Tupelo (1864), the Tupelo National Battlefield is a national historic site under the maintenance of the National Park Service. The park features a cannon, a marker and several maps that highlight the event. It is open daily from dawn to dusk.
The Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo is a home for many exotic species of animals like the cougar, the kangaroo, macaques and the Capuchin Monkey. Up until 2012, it also housed a white buffalo held sacred by Native American tribes. There is a petting zoo where children can feed Pygmy Goats and giraffes.
This large fish hatchery propagates native fish for use in restocking programs.
This is the site of a significant Confederate victory over Union forces in June 1864. It is located only fifteen miles north of Tupelo and west six miles at Baldwyn.
This area offers camping, boating, skiing and fishing. There's a bicycle trail, hiking and volleyball courts.
This park features seven cabin units, 20 developed camping sites, primitive camping, three nature trails, disc golf, playground areas, sand volleyball court, picnic areas and pavilions, meeting room, and a group camp for larger groups. Enjoy fishing in the 100 acre Lake Lee.
Fishing, boating, swimming, and camping are just some of the activities to enjoy while visiting the 1,980-acre Trace State Park.
It is the battlefield site where a Confederate Army, led by Major General Nathan Bedford Forest, is said to have defeated a Union Force in the year 1864. Located in the Lee County, it houses a memorial set up after the place was designated as a historic site in the year 1929. The site also houses a modern Bethany Presbyterian Church and a Bethany cemetery which has the graves of more than 90 soldiers killed in the battle. There is also a visitors’ center at the site.