Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Triadelphia - Wheeling
87 Jenkins Lane
Triadelphia, WV 26059
Phone: (304) 547-1380
Fax: (304) 547-9270
87 Jenkins Lane, Triadelphia, WV, US, 26059
- Phone: (304) 547-1380
- Fax: (304) 547-9270
Located in the Oglebay Resort, a visit to the Good Zoo will surely be fun. The zoo features a number of exotic animal species such as lion tamarin monkeys, Grevy's zebra, Komodo dragons, meerkats, lorikeets and many more animals from all over the world. The zoo plays host to a number of interactive and informative activities, especially for children, such as camps, workshops, parties and much more.
The Wyit Sprowls Covered Bridge stretches across Robinson Fork and Wheeling Creek. Erected in 1915, it was incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Journey back in time to 1862, when Wheeling was in Virginia, a state ripped apart by the American Civil War. West Virginia was born in this building, now a National Historic Landmark, during the great conflict. This was the only territorial change resulting from America's greatest war.
National Historic Landmark, is the earliest example of collegiate Gothic in America. Construction began in 1858 using local timber, stone, slate and bricks kilned on site. Five U.S. Presidents have spoken in the Commencement Hall and Edward Troye's oriental paintings hang in the Parlour.
Situated on a 102-acre farm in southwestern Pennsylvania, C.T. Miller Vineyards' award-winning wines are produced from grapes that are grown, fermented, and bottled locally from its seven-acre vineyard. Selections include Cabernet Franc, Riesling, Chambourcin, Capanna Rose, Marechal Foch, Vidal Blanc, and Rubino.
Grave Creek Mound is one of the largest Conical mounds constructed during the late Adena Period. Construction took place in successive stages from about 250-150 B.C.
The 1,164-acre Ryerson Station State Park in Greene County features the 52-acre Ronald J. Duke Lake. Visitors can enjoy such seasonal activities as fishing, boating, camping, picnicking, hunting, ice fishing, hiking, cross-country skiing, and swimming.
Established in 1853, the 250-acre Washington Cemetery is "the largest not-for-profit, traditional, all faiths cemetery in Washington County."
"The finest 18th century home in Washington County," the restored David Bradford House was home to the Whiskey Rebellion. Open from April through December, the Bradford House features period furnishings, a typical 18th century garden, changing exhibits and special events throughout the year.
Home to the Washington County Historical Society, the LeMoyne House is "Pennsylvania's first National Historic Landmark of the Underground Railroad." Dedicated to Dr. Francis Julius LeMoyne's memory, the LeMoyne House is now a museum filled with period artifacts. It is open for guided tours year round, Tuesday through Friday, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and on Saturdays for group tours (20 or more) by appointment only.
LeMoyne Crematory maintains a distinguished status as being one of the first crematory in the United States. Named after Dr. Francis Julius LeMoyne, the crematory was founded by himself after having adjudged the fact that most bodies dug in graves are giving rise to contaminated water and spreading of disease and infection in the living. Constructed in 1876, it was shut down in 1901 after 41 cremations. Administered by the Washington County Historic Society, it holds historic significance and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Founded in 1870, Citizens Library features over 114,865 fiction and non-fiction adult and children's books, a young adult department, children's apartment, periodicals, videos, CDs, DVDs, two word processing computers, Internet access, audio cassettes, an extensive collection of local history and genealogy books and much more.