Donald Street East
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5V3
Located at the mouth of Kaministiquia River, the fort was established in 1717. This beautiful fort was built to serve as a trading post and it was in continuous use between 1727 and 1743. The fort was abandoned in 1760 and has very less portions that remain today. However, even those little pieces have been buried under Thunder Bay. A plaque has now been erected to commemorate the historic site.