200 Worcester Providence Turnp
Sutton, MA 01590
Phone: (508) 865-5222
Fax: (508) 581-9885
One of the most beautiful buildings in Milbury, the Asa Waters Mansion is also a historical landmark. A part of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War, the mansion is proudly listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places. Built in stunning Georgian colonial style, it plays host to weddings and other special events. Its elegance and beauty provide guests with the perfect backdrop to hold the wedding of your dreams. The mansion offers both indoor and outdoor options, air-conditioning, bridal dressing room, tables and other furniture, and a smoke-free environment. The venue is also friendly for the differently abled.
Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center and Wildlife Sanctuary is New England's biggest wildlife sanctuary. The sanctuary provides dedicated trails navigating through marsh, streams and dense woods.
The Knowlton Hat Factory, built in 1872, became the largest women’s hat factory in the world, turning a local handicraft into a profitable industry. The factory, occupying an area of 52 acres (21.04 hectares), continued with business till the mid 1970s. Today, the Hat Factory is being used for housing, while much of the worker village still remains. The factory was added to the National Historic Register in 1982.
The Ethan Allen House and Gun Shop is a red brick Greek Revival structure. This house was the manufacturer of guns and introduced single shot pistols, and the pocket rifles and several other guns. The technology of these guns had varied from the time it had started to the time in began growing the market. This house is a great visit place as it offers the great view of the gun shop. This place was added as the National Historical Site in 1995.
Located on the banks of the Mumford River, this mill is called the Hayward Mill. This grist mill was erected way back in 1898 and is also included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The College of the Holy Cross is one of the reputed liberal arts college in Worcester. Focusing on undergraduates, this college ensures the overall development of its students. This college campus is home to several historical buildings that are known for their architectural excellence. For admissions schedule and other details, check website.
The EcoTarium is an excellent place to learn about the ecosystem. The EcoTarium studies on nature and the flora and fauna kingdom. The museum has indoor and outdoor exhibits of natural history as well as animals in their natural habitats. They offer various educational programs, nature trails and other interesting activities that will help you get acquainted with nature. For further details, do visit their website.
The city hall and the town common, are two historic structure popularly adressed as the Worcester City Hall and Common. These historic structures are designed in the Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals. The town common is used as a meeting house, where the town meetings, religious functions are all conducted. On the other hand, the City Hall is a major hub for the downton Worcester. Some of the prominent official opertions of Worcester are taken place as the City Hall, the hall is also known as the fourth largest structure of Worcester.
Cathedral of St. Paul or the Saint Paul's Cathedral was designed by Elbridge Boyden. Construction of the Gothic structure was completed in the 1870s and was incorporated in the National Register of Historical Places in 1980.
The Waldo Street Police Station is a former police station built in 1918. Built with the Renaissance style of architecture, it was designed by the noted architect George H. Clemence. It was listed as a historic building in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The Henry Goulding House perfectly represents the Italianate architecture that was prevalent in the 19th Century. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it houses the Swedish Lutheran Home for the Aged.
Salisbury Mansion in Worcester dates back to the year 1772. The historic structure was commissioned by Stephen Salisbury. It now functions as a popular history museum of the city.