Forest Park Carousel
Woodhaven Boulevard and Forest Park Drive
New York, NY 11421
+1 718 788 2676
Built in 1903 by Daniel Muller, Forest Park Carousel was moved to New York from Dracut, Massachusetts in 1972. This historic carousel includes two chariots, three rows, three animal figurines, 49 horses and an organ. In 2009, the carousel was closed down, and the site was completely abandoned. However, in 2012, extensive renovation was carried out and the popular carousel was restored. The locals who very much missed their favorite carousel were thrilled to have it back, and hoards of people lined-up on its re-opening. With the announcement of Forest Park Carousel being given the landmark status, it will surely be preserved and enjoyed by future generations too.