Econo Lodge Truman Inn
3501 W BROADWAY
Sedalia, MO 65301
Phone: (660) 826-8400
Fax: (660) 826-1230
A significant site for Native American arrow production as well as a landmark for travelers on the Lewis & Clark and Santa Fe trails, Arrow Rock continues to be a noteworthy site in America's westward expansion. Named for a massive flint stone bluff located on the river, evidence shows that Native Americans gathered flint for making arrowheads beginning almost 12,000 years ago. Lewis & Clark passed through the town in the travels, Clark proclaiming upon a return visit in 1807 that the bluff was a "handsome spot for a town". After a ferry was established in 1811, Arrow Rock became an important jumping off point for travelers along the Santa Fe trail.
The St. Matthew's Chapel A.M.E. Church is a beautiful Gothic Revival structure built in 1892. It was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1990 and has been functional ever since its inception. For mass timings and other details please connect with the church's website.
Powell Gardens is not only KC's botanical garden, it is a tranquil oasis far away from the bustle of the city. Located in Kingsville, about 35 minutes southeast of downtown, the gardens are spread over an impressive 915 acres (370.2 hectares) and it is comprised of many that are best explored on foot. The gardens are named Heartland, Island, Rock & Waterfall and Perennial, respectively. Each one holds many wonderful botanical treasures and the garden also organizes programs and cultural events to further spread an understanding of this particular region's botany.
The Lafayette County Courthouse is a functional court building which was established in 1847. Built in the Classical Revival style of architecture, it looks absolutely stunning. The courthouse is open all year round for visitors who want to witness its beauty and history. It is the oldest working courthouse in Missouri and is famous for the canon ball firing that took place during the Battle of Lexington.
The World's Largest Pecan located in Brunswick was James Pecan Farm's contribution to commemorating the town's record as the Pecan Capital of Missouri, as well as their own patented pecan variety. While visiting the town, a detour by the statue is a fun diversion, especially when visiting the town during the Brunswick Pecan Festival held each year in October. The statue is a perfectly accurate giant replica of the Starking Hardy Giant Pecan weighing 12000 pounds (5443 kilograms). Originally located on the farm itself, it now stands in the town center, right next to the city hall.