9112 Old Number 6 Hwy
Santee, SC 29142
Phone: (803) 854-3870
Fax: (803) 854-2801
Located in the lowlands of South Carolina, these lakes are connected by a canal and are legendary for great fishing. Lake Marion covers 110,000 acres and is the largest lake in the state of South Carolina. Fishing guides are available for both of these lakes and many campgrounds, boat ramps, restaurants, and lodging are available around the lakes.
Established in 1942, this wildlife refuge covers over 15,000 acres and includes a wide variety of native trees and shrubs, as well as old fields, croplands, and ponds. The refuge provides a habitat for migratory waterfowl and provides protection for endangered and threatened animals such as the bald eagle and the American alligator. Hiking trails and a visitor center are on site.
Known for its outstanding fishing, this State Park is a sportsman's paradise and offers recreational opportunities for fishing, swimming, boating, bicycling, tennis, and picnicking. Two boat ramps are on site, as well as a children's playground, nature trails, and six picnic shelters.
Constructed in 1848, Indian Field Methodist Campground, situated just north of Saint George, is a large camp meeting site that was added to the National Register of Historic places in 1973. Renovated in 1970, this Methodist campground features an open-air pavilion made of wood, surrounded by 99 cabins two stories high. The inspiration for Indian Field Methodist Campground's design is said to have come from several mentions in the Book of Leviticus.
The Francis Beidler Forest is a vast stretch of wild sanctuary that is nestled in the Four Holes Swamp. Its on-site Audubon Center is the starting point to know more about this forest and its surrounding area. The center is also responsible for the conservation of this sanctuary and protection of its inhabitants. This center also conducts ample activities that include bird watching, walking tours, special camps and so forth. It was declared as a National Natural Landmark in 1979, and is also a part of the Ramsar Wetland of International Importance.
The Claflin University is a respected name in Orangeburg since 1869. This university has been the breeding ground for many visionaries and veterans of South Carolina.
The Williams Chapel is a historic African Methodist Episcopal Church built in 1915. Constructed in the Gothic Revival style of architecture, it has been designed by Whittaker, Miller F. and Minger I.J. The church is still in use and conducts regular services and ceremonies to bind the community. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
Enjoy the history and beauty of these magnificent gardens that was the landing spot for Confederate soldiers in 1865. The gardens are filled with award-winning All America Rose Selections, exquisite azaleas, and numerous other flora and fauna. A nursery facility and a children's playground are also on site.