Chapel of San Miguel
401 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87501
+1 505 955 6200 (Tourist Information)
Built by Native American slaves, this Spanish Colonial building was completed in 1625, then nearly destroyed during the Pueblo revolt of 1680. In 1710, the Spanish once again took control of Santa Fe and rebuilt the San Miguel Mission. Mass is still held in the church every Sunday at 5 p.m. The religious artwork in the building is inspiring, and the bell dates to the early 1300s. An audio recording describes the history of the church, and is played continuously.