415 W. Beauregard Avenue
San Angelo, TX 76903
Phone: (325) 653-2995
Fax: (325) 659-4393
Arts & Museums
Housed in one first of the five quarters built at Fort Concho, the Museum of Telephony contains exhibits relating to the history of the telephone industry.
The Kendall Art Gallery is home to the San Angelo Art Club, the second oldest continuous art organization in Texas. The San Angelo Art Club schedules exhibits throughout the year at the Kendall Art Gallery. Except in August, the Kendall Art Gallery is open each Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Miss Hattie's served as a gentlemen's social center for 50 years before it was closed by the Texas Rangers in 1946. Today, in its original location on historic Concho Avenue, Miss Hattie's remains furnished much like it was during its heyday, providing its many visitors a look at the past.
Located in downtown San Angelo, the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts aims at being a space where the local community can find some cultural wealth. See the website for more information.
Used as a physics classroom for astronomy, physical science and geology classes, the technically advanced Angelo State University Planetarium is the fourth largest university planetarium in the United States. It contains a Spitz 512 projector which is capable of projecting over 5,000 stars. School and public planetarium programs are scheduled when A.S.U. classes are in session.
Housed in the historic Orient-Santa Fe Depot, the Railway Museum of San Angelo features changing railroad displays of artifacts and memorabilia and a permanent model train layout that depicts San Angelo in 1928. A caboose is also on permanent display. The Railway Museum of San Angelo is open on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Chicken Farm Art Center is home to 15 artist
Located at Lake Nasworthy in Mary Lee Park, this regional museum and learning center features displays, hiking trails, a small collection of live animals, the Discovery Room with reference library and the Xeriscape Garden, which has a display of native shrubs, trees and flowers.