3986 Byrnes Dr.
Saint Stephen, SC 29479
Phone: (843) 567-7397
Fax: (843) 567-2497
Biggin Church Ruins are the remains of the ancient parish church of St. John’s Parish in South Carolina. The church was built and established in 1706 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 13, 1977. The church was originally done in English bond and was a rectangular brick building. The building succumbed to burns three times and each time it was repaired to be used for religious purposes.
Full service marina that offers great fishing opportunities for largemouth bass, crappie, and catfish plus features a boat ramp, a full service restaurant, and a supply store that sells fishing tackle and bait, as well as turkey hunting needs.
The Santee Canal is a significant canal site in the United States. It stands as one of the earliest built canal sites in the entire U.S. The construction of the historic canal was done from 1793 through 1800. It occupies an area cover of 50 acres (20 hectares) and was built by celebrated architect Colonel John Christian Senf. The Congaree River and Columbia city are connected due to the Santee river. The canal is also famously listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A Trappist monastery located along the Cooper River in Berkeley Country northwest of Charleston, the property has a long history going back to 1681. This was the site of the historic Mepkin Plantation built by Henry Laurens in the 1760s. Publisher Henry Luce bought the property in 1936, then he and his wife, Claire, donated much of the land to Roman Catholic monks who established the Trappist Order here in 1949. Guided tours of the church, gardens and trails are offered daily. Extended stays with meals included are available as a spiritual retreat. There is a gift shop that sells home-grown white oyster mushrooms, locally made jams and honey along with artwork, books and crafts. Admission is free. -Natasha Lawrence
The Taveau Church was incorporated in the National Registrar of Historic Places in 1978. This historical church dates back to 1835 and also has a cemetery.
The Francis Marion National Forest is named in the honor of Francis Marion, a brave soldier who protected the swamps of coastal South Carolina from the British troops. This vast stretch of forest is ideal for adventure as well as recreation lovers as it offers ample activities to one and all. Dirt biking, horse riding, hiking are few of the many exciting activities you can participate in. For additional details, check website.