Saint John, NB E2M 1M2
Located to the south of Saint John, Partridge Island is a beautiful piece of land surrounded by the waters of the Bay of Fundy. The island was the home of the Passamaquoddy, especially the Mi'kmaq people. Colonization of this land began in the late 18th Century, when a quarantine station and pest house was set up here. With the establishment of a hospital in 1830, Partridge Island saw various foreigners settling here. The island is home to magnificent forts and a towering lighthouse. A small museum was located on the island, to which regular boat tours were conducted, until the museum ceased functioning in 1995.