Saint John, NB E2M 7Y8
Built by French officer Charles Deschamps de Boishébert, the Fort Menagoueche was established in 1751. Located at the mouth of River St. John, this magnificent fort was built during the time of Father Le Loutre's War. The fort was demolished by the officer himself and was late reconstructed by the British as Fort Frederick. The site of these forts was marked as National Historic Site of Canada in 1923 owing to its high historic value.