11165 Frontage Rd.
Richwood, KY 41094
Phone: (859) 485-4123
Fax: (859) 485-9366
The nation's first arboretum within an active recreation park setting, and Northern Kentucky's only arboretum, the Boone County Arboretum, has more than 2,700 trees and shrubs over 121 acres. More than two miles of paved walking trails wind through the various plant collections, woodlands, and athletic fields. Special Attractions include a Children's Garden, Wildlife Viewing Area in the Native Kentucky Prairie, and a new Woodland Walking Trail. There are also three information kiosks with horticultural information and Extension class offerings.
Spread over 2 acres (0.81 ha) of land, the St. Augustine Catholic Church Complex 9 is historic church. This place is a great place for religious praying, and worship. It is a parish that welcomes people from all over and also new comers. It is not only a place of architectural beauty but also historic and prayerful relevance. The red brick structure is a great place and welcomes the people to visit this place whenever present here.
GAR Monument or Grand Army of the Republic Monument is located in the Linden Grove Cemetery in Covington, Kentucky. It was built in 1929 by O. P. Sine, of the Grand Army of the Republic, and is the second of its kind in the state. The structure is made of concrete and is white in color and measures 10 feet (three meters) in length. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 17, 1997.
Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption is the main church of Diocese of Covington, KY. Established in 1895, on site of an even older church, the unfinished basilica is a beautiful Late Gothic structure, on Madison Avenue. Designed by Architect Leon Coquard, the gorgeous building is said to have taken inspiration from Notre Dame Basilica of Paris and although most of it still remains incomplete, it forms one of the most known attractions of Covington. Self-guided and guided tours are offered today to those interested to get an overview of the lovely architecture and art pieces thus included.
Popularly known as the Carneal Hall, the Elmwood Hall is an Italianate-Federal style structure with pink brick walls. Spread over 9 acres (3.6 hectares) of land, this antebellum is a two story brick home comprising of arched windows. The house is a famous place for tourists visits and has also worked as a private home of bed and breakfasts.
The Mother of God Parish Church is affiliated to the Roman Catholic Diocese. This beautiful church is replete with twin Renaissance-style towers and murals that make for panoramic sights. It also organizes good liturgical services and worship that bring the community together. This landmark is featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
Nestled in the Riverside Drive Historic District, the Daniel Carter Beard Boyhood Home was the residence of Daniel Carter Beard. Beard founded the Boy Scouts of America, and it was in this house where he initiated activities pertaining to scout groups. Though now, the mansion is a private home, visitors can certainly walk by this National Historic Landmark.
Established in 1864, by members of Cincinnati's Union Baptist Church, this is one of the oldest burial grounds for the African-American community in the city. Located within the historic Price Hill neighborhood, the Union Baptist Cemetery spreads across 160 acres (64.74 hectares). Many of the soldiers who fought in the American Civil War, have been laid to rest here.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Newport, Kentucky. The church building was constructed in 1871 by J. R. Neff and featured Gothic Revival style architectural details. The stone structure also features a steeple and an arched entryway. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The The Story Mound is a historic Native American mound having an area of 0.5 acre (0.20 hectare). No archaeological excavation has been carried at the mound, however conclusions have been made that it belongs to the Adena culture. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 owing to its historical background.
Established in 1835, this membership library is Cincinnati's oldest library and one of the oldest cultural institutions in the Midwest. The Mercantile Library, affiliated with the Membership Libraries Group, offers general selections with an emphasis on Cincinnati and Ohio.
The Saint Peter in Chains Cathedral is a historic cathedral located in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. This Greek Revival style structure features a Greek style porch with ornately designed columns and pillars, and a white limestone church tower 220 feet (67 meter) in height. The interiors of the church are also rather unusual for a Roman Catholic cathedral and were designed by various notable architects. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.