4800 Steubenville Pike
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Phone: (412) 922-6900
Fax: (412) 922-1474
Fort Pitt Museum and Blockhouse
We to Su from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PMThe convergence of three rivers that make up Pittsburgh became a hotly contested site in the 1750s during the French and Indian War. The blockhouse that stands on the site of the ruined Forts Duquesne and Pitt was built in 1764, and is the only portion of the forts left standing. Part of Fort Pitt was reconstructed for a museum and provides an interesting look at life during the 18th Century in an unsettled land.