110 North Main and Byers Ave
New Stanton, PA 15672
Phone: (724) 925-6755
Fax: (724) 925-3097
The monumental Samuel Warden House is a fine significant site in Pennsylvania. It is precisely situated at Mount Pleasant in the Westmoreland County. It was constructed in 1886 and the building is a superior example of the Second Empire, Eastlake and Queen Anne styles of architecture. The historic site is registered in the National Register of Historic Places.
One of 12 special heritage areas in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor is "a private, nonprofit organization that encourages economic development through tourism and guides the protection and enhancement of natural, cultural, historic and scenic resources" along the Lincoln Highway in Westmoreland, Somerset, Bedford, Fulton, Franklin, and Adams Counties.
Serving Adamsburg, Greensburg, Hempfield Township, Hunker, Manor, New Stanton, Southwest Greensburg, South Greensburg, Salem Township and Youngwood, Greensburg Hempfield Area Library offers an extensive selection of such items as fiction, non-fiction and children's books, DVDs, CDs, records, periodicals, audio cassettes and videotapes. Various programs are held throughout the year.
A Spectacular courthouse site in the Westmoreland County stands as the Westmoreland County Courthouse. The government building is situated in the county seat of Greensburg in Pennsylvania. The courthouse also stands as a contributing property in the Downtown Greensburg Historic District. It was established on a land cover of 0.5 acres (0.20 hectares). The courthouse building dates back to 1906. It finely exemplifies the Beaux Arts style of architecture. Its terrific significance has paved its way to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Saint Clair Park was established in its current location when the government decided to ban the cemeteries in their borough. The garden is now beautifully landscaped and is often used as an events space for concerts, social meetings and other events like the Summer Sound Concert Series. The garden also has a jogging trail and a separate picnic area that is just perfect for a day out. If you are weary of your hectic routine, take a breather with a trip to the Saint Clair Park.
"The only historic site or museum that deals exclusively with Pontiac's War, one of the most significant Native American conflicts in American History," Bushy Run Battlefield preserves and interprets the site of this crucial battle fought between the British and Native Americans and the importance of the British maintaining control of North America. An interpretive exhibit,
Through a partnership between the Westmoreland County Historical Society and Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation, Historic Hanna
The Scottdale Historic District is an enormous historical district that encompasses a massive 83 acres (34 hectares) of land. The district was moreover built in 1874. Majority of the structures comprising the district impeccably follow the Colonial Revival, Italianate and the Queen Anne style of architecture. The monumental district has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It comprehensively constitutes as many as 242 contributing buildings along with one contributing structure.
Located in Jeannette, Pennsylvania, Bushy Run Battlefield is where one of the key battles of Pontiac's Rebellion took place. Named a National Historic Landmark in 1960, the battlefield was the location of the Battle of Bushy Run, which took place August 5-6, 1763. British troops won a major victory against the Native Americans at Bushy Run, when, after overcoming severe losses, they were able take control of the Ohio River Valley. Bushy Run Battlefield is now a Pennsylvania State Park, complete with museum, visitor center, and gift shop, and is run primarily by volunteers.
The seasonal Statler's Fun Center features a 1,528 foot long go-kart track, three types of go-karts, an arcade, a snack shop, miniature golf course and more.
Established in 1854, Saint Vincent Archabbey Gristmill was founded by the Benedictine monks. Serving the city for over 150 years, this grist mill has survived the varied changes that Pennsylvania has undergone, and continues to function even today. Varied types of flour can be purchased here. Wheat bread, monastery bread, cinnamon raisin bread, whole grain bread and more, and even jams are sold here. Also simply known as The Gristmill, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Included in the National Register of Historic Places, the Dawson Historic District comprises more than 100 contributing structures. The Dawson Baptist Church, James Cochran House and First National Bank are few of the many landmark buildings of this historical district.