530 Main St.
New Paltz, NY 12561
Phone: (845) 255-6200
Fax: (845) 255-2319
530 Main St., New Paltz, NY, US, 12561
- Phone: (845) 255-6200
- Fax: (845) 255-2319
Arts & Museums
This SUNY museum features a variety of changing exhibits and permanent collections including paintings, photographs and documents of interest.
Huguenot Street is the site of a number of stone houses built in the late 17th Century by French Huguenots who settled there after escaping persecution in France. The settlers arrived in 1678 and lived on nearly 40,000 acres (16,187 hectares) of property purchased from the local Indian tribes. Today, you can tour the original stone houses or even sign yourself or the kids up for a two-week summer program about archeology and the arts.
This 19th Century farm complex called the Locust Lawn is spread over 24 acres (9.7 hectares) of land and is situated at the banks of the Platekill Creek. The Jefferson mansion is said to be the center of attraction of the lawn. The site is accessible to the visitors through prior appointments. This place is registered on the National Historic Places in the year 1974.
Located in the Hudson River Valley, this gallery features watercolor paintings and prints by owner, Jim Adair. His works include local, regional, western and foreign scenes with an emphasis on land and cityscapes.
A great destination for children to see fun and educational exhibits or play in the activity area. This is also an ideal place for field trips, offering traveling exhibits and play groups.
A station was built at this location around 1851, when the Hudson River Railroad was constructed from New York City to Albany. That structure was torn down and replaced by the current station in 1914. Inside the Station you will find displays depicting the area's railroading past, running models trains, and knowledgable railroad enthusiasts.
Part of the National Archives, the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library & Museum was the first presidential library, opened in 1941 by FDR personally. One of ten presidential libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, it contains extensive displays on the lives and careers of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt and many interactive exhibits.
Cunneen-Hacket is an art gallery promoting local artists. They also sponsor dancers, musicians, dramas, lectures, and films.
Tours of The Little Red School House on the grounds of North Park Elementary School off Route 9G by appointment. The museum features artifacts from town colonizers and later residents. Open Wednesday and Sunday afternoons, June through October.
Home to The Art Institute, this award-winning multi-arts educational center provides creative arts programs and classes to children and adults and features many exhibits in their art gallery.
This facility houses over 15,000 works of art from antiquity to modern day.
The Bevier House Museum was constructed in 1680 and is primarily made of stone. This excellently-designed building was constructed by Andries Pieterse Van Leuvan. It has a Victorian-styled kitchen and elegantly-decorated rooms. There is also a tool room which has old farm and homestead equipment. The Bevier House Museum is open from May to October every year, and has different admission fees based on age groups ranging from USD5 to USD3.