530 Main St.
New Paltz, NY 12561
Phone: (845) 255-6200
Fax: (845) 255-2319
530 Main St., New Paltz, NY, US, 12561
- Phone: (845) 255-6200
- Fax: (845) 255-2319
Learn essential skills for ock climbing and ice climbing. Enjoy lessons, hiking and nature tours.
Huguenot Street is the site of a number of stone houses built in the late 17th Century by French Huguenots who settled there after escaping persecution in France. The settlers arrived in 1678 and lived on nearly 40,000 acres (16,187 hectares) of property purchased from the local Indian tribes. Today, you can tour the original stone houses or even sign yourself or the kids up for a two-week summer program about archeology and the arts.
This scenic are is home to a superb nine-hole course with total yardage at 3460.
The River Connection is recognized by the American Canoe Association (ACA) as a Pro Paddlesports School. Their team includes ACA certified kayak instructors, naturalists, geologists, and artists. They offer a broad range of kayaking skills development courses. Consider one of their guided Kayak Tours or create a special adventure of your own design.
Lesson, pro shop and riding carts.
The Minnewaska State Park Preserve is a preserved natural area that is a great place for some adventure in the great outdoors. A number of activities are carried out here like mountain biking rock climbing, swimming and hiking. It also makes for a great picnic spot. The reserve has three beautiful lakes - Lake Awosting, which is the largest, Lake Minnewaska and Mud Pond, although, the Mud Pond is beyond swimming limits. The park is now a 21,106 acre area, after a little over 2,000 acres was added in 2006. Do contact the tourism board to know when the best time is to visit and other details.
This company offers two to five day guided walking/hiking tours with lodging available at the Catskill Forest Preserve, Shawangunks and Hudson River Valley.
Offers charters, lessons, rentals, and rides.
Private and group riding lessons available.
The Powelton Club stands located in the hamlet of Balmville. The club was founded and established in the year 1892. It is inclusive of as many as 18 hotels. Formerly known as the Powelton Farm, the site encompasses a length of 6,007 yards (5,493 meters). It stands to immense significance and is touted to be on of the oldest clubhouses in the region. It is elegantly swanked by six tennis courts, two swimming pools and golf courses apart from its clubhouse facility.
Indoor ice skating with public lessons.
Enjoy a challenging 18 holes at this course. There is also a fantastic driving range and a pro shop.