530 Main St.
New Paltz, NY 12561
Phone: (845) 255-6200
Fax: (845) 255-2319
Knox's Headquarters State Historic Site
We to Fr from 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM,Sa from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Knox's Headquarters State Historic Site, located on Old Forge Hill Road in the town of New Windsor in Orange County, is a historic landmark. The house is Georgian style mansion built in 1754. However, it is most well-remembered as the headquarters of Henry Knox, who was utilising it during the Civil War in the early 1780s. Although the site is possessed by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, the Ellison House is managed and looked after by the Palisades Interstate Park Commission and is open for tours in the summer months. Their aim is to educate visitors about the historical significance of this place and the staff is quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic.