Kingston-Port Ewen Suspension Bridge
Kingston, NY 12401
Known by many names, the Kingston–Port Ewen Suspension Bridge is a cable suspension bridge designed by Holton D. Robinson and John A. Roebling's Sons Company. Opened in 1921, this remarkable engineering feat led to the development of transportation as it is the final link in New York's first north-south highway. However, over a period of time the bridge’s capacity deteriorated and can only take up to a certain weight limit.