5984 West Andrew Johnson Highw
Morristown, TN 37814
Phone: (423) 586-8504
Fax: (423) 839-2297
Arts & Museums
This building is a replica of the original John Crockett tavern- begun in 1956 and opened in 1958.
The Museum reflects the rich local history and heritage of Cocke County. It has a permanent collection of antiques and artifacts. There are three period rooms used to organize the displays: a Victorian Parlor, Early Bedroom, and Pioneer Kitchen. Included in the collection of artifacts are Native American Artifacts with historical room settings, an old post office, and, of course, many exhibits. The museum is open 1-5 p.m. Wednesdays.
An extensive collection of over 90 American muscle cars can be found at this 35,000 square foot museum with cars on display including Elvis' first limo, a 1967 Shelby GT 500, and a 1970 Hemi Challenger from the movie "The Vanishing Point."
An ever-changing aircraft collection of resident warbirds are on display at this museum where you can see warbird flybys or impromptu flight demonstrations. Other exhibits on display include uniforms, a comprehensive historical timeline, aviation memorabilia, aerodynamics, and powerplants.
Located in the old Sevierville Post Office that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this museum contains a large number of Sevier County artifacts and memorabilia from its earliest settlers to World War II. Lectures and classes are available; they also provide transcription and indexing services for historic documents.