Starting From
See all Rates

Econo Lodge

Selected Favorite

29 Stop Plaza Drive, Mifflintown, PA, US, 17059-7991

  • Phone: (717) 436-5981
  • Fax: (717) 436-5734
Gold Medal

Choice Gold Hospitality Award

Hotels that achieve the prestigious Gold Award represent the top 10% of hotels within each Choice brand. The awards are based on a ranking system that measures guest satisfaction, product quality, room condition and cleanliness, and staff service. These properties have a proven track record of providing exceptional guest service and facilities.

Green Hotel

Supports Green Practices

"Supports Green Initiatives" designates a hotel's participation in an optional environmental program that includes the use of energy-efficient lighting, guestroom towel/linen re-use, and on-premise recycling. "Supports Green Initiatives" does not represent an official certification of any kind.

Excellent!
4.4 out of 5 (86 reviews)
92% of guests recommend this hotel

Attractions

»Pomeroy-Academia Covered Bridge

The Academia Pomeroy Covered Bridge is one of the longest surviving covered bridges in the state. This 278-foot (85-meter) long wooden structure was built in 1902 by renowned bridge architect Theodore Burr. Its design is that of Burr's signature truss style. Administered by the Juniata County Historical Society, it features on the National Register of Historic Places.

Old Mill Road
Mifflintown, PA 17059

»Embassy Theatre

The Embassy Theater is a historic structure that features the red brick building with a touch of Colonial Revival on the front portion, this rectangular structure is historic as the theater is not operating now but it stands still as an excellent surviving example of the architecture of the theaters.

6 South Main Street
Lewistown, PA 17044

»Fleisher Covered Bridge

The historic wooden covered bridge is a 113-foot (34-meter) long structure. Built in 1887 by Yohn and Ritter, it is an example of the Burr truss design stretches across the Big Buffalo Creek. In 1980, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Administered by the Perry county, it offers 34 camp grounds in the forest with some camping facilities.

Fairground Road
Newport, PA 17074

»Adairs Covered Bridge

The Adairs Covered Bridge is one of four bridges across the Sherman's Creek. Originally built in 1864 and later in 1919, this 150-foot (46-meter) long wooden bridge is built in the renowned Burr Truss style and features on the National Register of Historic Places.

Route 274
Southwest Madison Township, PA 17047

»Bald Eagle State Forest

The Bald Eagle State Forest covers 193,424 acres (78,275.9 h) and contains within it five other Pennsylvania State Forests as well as the Snyder-Middleswarth Natural Area. The forest began being formed in 1897 due to worries about the forest depletion happening in the area at the time. The forest has over 200 miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding as well as picnic areas, campsites and boating and fishing facilities.

18865 Old Turnpike Road
Millmont, PA 17845

»Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art

As the name suggests, the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art showcases different aspects of nature through the medium of art. Opened in 1993, it was named in the honor of renowned naturalist and artist, Ned Smith. Keeping in mind Ned Smith's dedication and love towards nature, this center with its tranquil and scenic surroundings is a perfect place to showcase his collection. The center features art galleries, an outdoor area, classrooms and a gift shop. Its art galleries display works of contemporary artists and photographers who focus on nature and a permanent exhibition comprising collection of Smith's work. Given the lovely combination of nature and creativity, the events held here are very interesting and include camping, theatrical shows, workshops, auctions and cultural festivals. For more details, check its website.

176 Water Company Road
Millersburg, PA 17061

»Penn's Cave & Wildlife Park

Penn's Cave was originally discovered by the Seneca Indians ages ago. It opened as a commercial show cavern when the Penn's Cave Hotel was constructed in 1885. From 1920s onwards, the structure began to be used as the Penn’s Cave House, offering meals to tourists and a ticketing office. Tours of the cavern are carried out by boat or motor vehicle; they give visitors a glimpse of beautiful rock formations and cascading water. The 1,600 acres (647.49 hectares) of natural beauty around Penn's Cave have been preserved as an ecological site.

222 Penns Cave Road
Centre Hall, PA 16828
Earn valuable points toward free nights.