Kingston Royal Naval Dockyard
Kingston, ON K7K 7B4
Built in 1789, the Kingston Royal Naval Dockyard served the Royal Navy from its establishment to its end in 1853. Commodore James Yeo had built a squadron for the war of 1812 which posed quite a threat to the Americans and therefore, provided the much needed protection. However, after the Rush-Bagot agreement (1817) that limited the use of ammunition on the lakes, there was a considerable drop in activity in the naval yard and eventually in 1853 it was rendered completely defunct altogether.