4386 State Route 43
Kent, OH 44240
Phone: (330) 678-9927
Fax: (330) 678-7695
Arts & Museums
Originally the Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens comprised of 3,000 acres (1214.06 hectares) in 1916 and was built amid 1912-1915 for F. A. Seiberling. It featured a Tudor Revival 65-room Manor House and the largest landscape gardens. Today the grand estate has seized down to 70 acres (28.33 hectares) yet is one of the most elegant mansions and ornate gardens of the country. The mansion is one of the best examples of Tudor Revival architecture and has well kept period decor that gives a glimpse of a bygone era. The themed gardens such as the Breakfast Room Garden, English Garden, Birch Allee Vista, Japanese Garden, Lagoon and The Dell are a delight to all visitors. The Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens also houses the Corbin Conservatory, a beautiful Gothic style greenhouse and the Gate Lodge where Alcoholics Anonymous took form. Home to the Ohio Shakespeare Festival and The Annual Classic, Antique & Collector Car Show, a visit to this magnificent place is a must when in the city.
Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas are few of the greatest football legends to have their portraits exhibited at the Pro Football Hall Of Fame in Canton. America is known to be a big fans of football, thus, it is of no surprise that the Pro Football Hall Of Fame exists in Canton; where fans of the game can come and admire their respective heroes and learn a thing or two about their lives. The museum hosts various sports-related events and workshops. Besides, there are well-equipped spaces within the hall that can accommodate wide-range of corporate, social and private events. Thus, if you are a football fanatic and you are visiting Canton, do head for the Pro Football Hall Of Fame and have a great time. For further details do visit their website.
Free Will Baptist Church of Auburn was set up and built in 1830. It is located on Washington Street in Auburn Corners, Ohio. It is an example of Greek Revival style of architecture and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 28, 1976.
The First Ladies National Historic Site is a highlight in the Canton cityscape. The Ida Saxton McKinley Historic Home preserves and conserves the house of the First Lady. The Education and Research Center is another immensely significant highlight. Here, the first floor features a large exhibition hall, a theater, and a miniature library room that depicts some of the most iconic artifacts of First Lady Abigail Fillmore. The second story constitutes the National First Ladies’ Library. Several other rooms in the building comprise of conference spaces, storage as well as office spaces. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 31, 2001.