Old Newburgh Presbyterian Church
North State and West Main Streets
Newburgh, IN 47630
The construction of the Old Newburgh Presbyterian Church began in 1851. The place of worship played an important role not only in evolving community life of the city but also during the Civil War, wherein the church bell was used to signal danger to the Home Guard. Remodeled a few times, the church building has seen quite some change and progress, it still reflects history and culture of Newburgh.