3520 Milton Ave.
Janesville, WI 53545
Phone: (608) 754-0251
Fax: (608) 754-0256
This historic home offers guests a good representation of upper class life in the 1850's. The house has 26 rooms, fully restored in the true Italian style.
The flamboyant Rotary Botanical Garden is one of the most spectacular botanical gardens in Wisconsin. Themed-gardens like English Cottage, French and so forth further add to its beauty. Apart from that, it also boasts of variety of plants, shrubs and vines. For more details, check website.
Come tour this award winning small brewery which is home of the nations oldest family owned beverage company. They offer tasting as well as a gift shop.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and part of the National Park Service Underground Railroad Network to Freedom and the Wisconsin Heritage Sign Program, the Milton House is a National Historic Landmark that is a former stagecoach inn and an Underground Railroad passage. "The first building in the United States constructed of lime mortar in a method that preceded the discovery and use of Portland cement by several decades," the Milton House is "one of only two remaining hexagonal buildings from the 19th century."
Preserved Indian mounds in an extensive community.
Telfer Park is a convention center, a skate park and a sports facility all rolled into one. The park sees quite a number of public gatherings and events. Entry into the park and the use of skating facilities is free for the public.
See the Single-A farm club of the Brewers.
Built in 1889 to serve the city’s water needs, this historic water tower was built by a group of local businessmen. Located on the bluff overlooking the Rock River, the Beloit Water Tower once contained a 100,000-gallon (378,541-liter) water tank made of cypress, and pressurized seven miles (11 kilometers) of pipes. It stands stagnant since 1935, after a newly constructed steel water tower with twice the capacity was built adjacent to it. Today, the Shingle Style pump house at its base now houses the Beloit Visitors Center. Once regarded as a great work of masonry in the west, the Beloit Water Tower was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
The Church of St. Thomas the Apostle is a magnificent church built in the Gothic style of architecture. It stands firm on its grounds since 1885. The church has continued to function even since it was established. It holds regular services and other religious ceremonies. Religious education is also imparted by the church to its disciples. The graceful interiors of the church are an evidence of the era it belonged to.
This is a 19th century Victorian farmstead features the transitional Greek Revival-Italianate-style home of James Hanchett, a pioneer contractor and builder of dams; who came to Beloit in 1840. The restored home features period colors and furnishings of 1850-1885. Other buildings include the original stone barn and smokehouse and a restored rural schoolhouse. The Hanchett-Bartlett Homestead is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This local aquatic center features a water slide and a park and picnic area.
Fort Atkinson's historical society provides you with all the local history and culture.