Arts & Museums
Painted Post-Erwin Museum at the Depot
309 Steuben Street
Corning, New York 14870
Open to the public June through August, and by appointment only September through May, this museum is housed in the Painted Post Depot. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the pre-fabricated building was erected on its current site in 1881-1882, and was used by the railroad until 1954. Now it holds the Town of Erwin Museum Collection, which interprets the history of Painted Post and the Town of Erwin through exhibits of artifacts, pictures, illustrations and videotapes.