100 Brooks Road
Holly Springs, MS 38635
Phone: (662) 252-5444
Fax: (662) 252-2888
This pioneer cottage is where the first baby is said to have been born in Holly Springs.
An architecturally unique combination of Gothic and Greek Revival styles, Walter Place was used by Union General Ulysses S. Grant and his family for their residence during the Civil War. Walter Place later became a hospital for victims of the Yellow Fever Epidemic of 1878. The restored English basement cottages are furnished with 18th and early 19th Century antiques. The gardens feature natural trails, fish ponds, waterfalls, and driving paths.
Dunvegan is an unusual English Basement style home filled with Regency and Empire antiques.
One of the oldest homes in Holly Springs, White Pillars was built by Thomas Falconer, the local newspaper editor. This imposing two-story brick, white-columned structure was the site of tragedy in 1878 when all members of the family died in a yellow fever epidemic.
Linden Hill, a Greek Revival home, is furnished with American Empire antiques. It may be toured during the Spring Pilgrimage or the Christmas Tour.
This two-story columned Greek Revival home was built as a wedding present for the daughter of Alfred Brooks. It is now operated by the Holly Springs Garden Club as a house museum. The arboretum contains over 50 different specimens of trees native to the area. Montrose is open year round by appointment.
Athenia is considered the finest example of Greek Revival architecture in Mississippi. It was here that homeowner Judge Clapp escaped capture during a Northern raid by hiding in a hollow Corinthian column.
What was to eventually be known as Rust College was established by the Freedman's Aid Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Today the spacious campus is the site of many cultural events. The library is named for Leontyne Price, the famous Mississippi-born opera singer.
Built by Samuel McCorkle, a founder of Holly Springs, Crump Place is the boyhood home of E.H. "Boss" Crump, a legendary mayor of Memphis. During the Civil War, the home was used for officers' quarters.
Cottrell Cemetery is the final resting place of many famous local African-Americans. It is open daily.
Hillcrest Cemetery is the final resting place of 13 Confederate generals and the first African-American elected to the U.S. Senate. Outstanding cast-iron and wrought-iron fencing merit a visit to this beautiful spot.
Now a private residence, this Greek Revival home features an eloquent seven by five arched porch with millwork spandrels.