733 Hebron Rd.
Heath, OH 43056
Phone: (740) 522-1165
Fax: (740) 281-3828
The Italianate Villa styled sandstone structure built by Henry D. Wright in 1865 became the McCune’s Villa when Jonas McCune bought the property soon after its construction. This historical mansion is also included in the National Register of Historic Places. Also, known as the Bryn Du Mansion, the estate is now a venue for community events.
A major attraction of the Granville area, the Alligator Mound was built by the prehistoric settlers of Ohio. Rather than an alligator, this sculpture or mound signifies a panther or a four legged animal. Added to the National Register of Historic Places, it comes under the purview of Licking County Historical Society.
Built in 1897, this historic church believes that it is a place where people get to know and serve others selflessly. The mission of this church is to change the hearts and lives of people by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This beautifully-built Gothic Revival structure is a landmark in the city.
A six acre vineyard with fifteen varieties of grapes, Flint Ridge's goal is "to craft them into distinctive wines which express our spirit and the spirit of our place."
Classic Drive is a busy street in New Albany. One can always come across some or the other event going on here.
Saint Joseph's Catholic Church is the pioneering Catholic church in Ohio. It was built in 1843 and illustrates the Gothic and Victorian Revival styles of architecture. This historic church hosts weekly mass, services and vigils. It features on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Zanesville Y Bridge as it's name suggests is a Y-shaped bridge. This bridge stretches across the point of convergence of Licking and Muskingum Rivers, and has been serving the region since 1902. It was also incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
Offering a fantastic view of the Y-Bridge, this park features a volleyball area, basketball hoops, an oversized sliding board, and a play area.
The starting point of a paved recreational trail, Zane's Landing Park features the Lorena Sternwheeler, Zanesville's Eternal Flame, a memorial dedicated to U.S. Medal of Honor recipients; and the Bicentennial Legacy Monument. Various concerts and events are held here every year.
This historic structure houses several local business and features tile flooring that was manufactured in Zanesville.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Sherman House is the birthplace of General William Tecumseh Sherman. All rooms have been restored to look as they would have when the Sherman family lived here. The Victorian parlor is furnished almost completely with furniture owned by the General and Ellen Sherman when they lived in New York City after his retirement. It includes a parlor set originally owned by General Ulysses S. and Julia Grant. Family memorabilia, a re-creation of General Sherman's Civil War field tent, which contains several items that he used during the war; sound and light presentation depicting his passion for the Union and an exhibit of Civil War artifacts, guns and GAR memorabilia can also be enjoyed. The Sherman House is open April through November Tuesday through Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and by appointment January through March.
The oldest house in Zanesville, this home turned museum features historic room settings, a military room, a Muskingum River history display, quilts, and coverlets. Open by appointment.