Washington County Courthouse and Arboretum
Corner of Washington Avenue and Edison Street
Greenville, Mississippi 38702
The original courthouse which stood at this site was burned by Union troops during the Civil War. In 1890 the current courthouse was built and the area was landscaped with a beautiful variety of trees and plants. The lovely arboretum surrounds the courthouse and includes the noteworthy Confederate Monument.