900 N. 43rd St.
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Phone: (701) 746-6666
Fax: (701) 746-6666
Features biking and hiking trails, fishing access, habitat improvement, pedestrian bridges, historic sites, and a visitor center featuring flood plain history and interpretive programs.
Catholic worship services were first held in Grand Forks in 1872, and the first chapel was built in 1878.
The downtown area of the city of Grand Forks stretches from the fork of the Red River and the Red Lake River, till the area a little below the Division Avenue. A neighborhood rich in history, the downtown area is where the first major business and commercial communities of Grand Forks settled and prospered. The commercial prosperity led to the construction of several buildings that have come to be treasured. Although the area received a blow after the 1997 floods, it has revived and risen from this setback, and is, today, a tourist hub because of the multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment destinations that have sprouted here. Contact the tourism bureau to know more about events and other details of downtown Grand Forks
Hiking, swimming and fishing.
This style (Neo Classical) dominated public buildings in the years between the Spanish American War and World War One.
An outstanding example in original condition of turn of the century brick commercial style architecture.