537 US 1
Freeport, ME 04032
Phone: (207) 865-3777
Fax: (207) 865-4678
The Central Parish Church is now known as the First Universalist Church of Yarmouth. This historical church that dates back to 1860, was incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The eminent First Parish Congregational Church is a landmark in Yarmouth, Maine. Constructed in 1867, it was established as a congregation in 1730. In addition to worship services, it also is an ideal venue for weddings. With its historic significance, the church building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
North Yarmouth Academy is a coeducational college that also serves as a preparatory day school to students. Along with a structured programs, the college offers various activities such as sports, a gymnasium, and also ice hockey. The beautiful campus and facilities give a great feeling to be a part of this prestigious institute. It features on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Elijah Kellogg Church is an ancient monumental Congregational church. This historic church was constructed by proficient architects Raymond and Anthony Coombs, the Church structure is a fine model of the Greek Revival and the Gothic Revival styles of architecture. The church continues to strive for the betterment of the community.
The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Brunswick, Maine. Designed by famed architect Richard Upjohn, the church was built in 1845 in Gothic Revival style of architecture. The church features beautiful stained glass windows and a gabled roof. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
First Parish Church in Brunswick was built in 1845 and is of immense significance. With a large membership of almost 850, it stands stern as one of the largest congregations in Maine. Apart from worship services, the church also arranges for an array of opportunities in context with social outreach, music, church governance and much more. Built in the Gothic Revival style, it was added to the prestigious National Register of Historic Places in 1969.
The Shiloh Temple is a religious structure that dates back to the 1890s era. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it still continues to serve the community and strive for its betterment. Check website for details.
The largest city in Maine, Portland also serves as the administrative center in Cumberland County. Established as an official city in 1786, this city is nicknamed The Forest City. Often argued to be the financial and retail capital of the state, Portland is home to thousands of thriving industries and businesses. Rife with history and interesting happenings all round the year, it features many places of interest and tourist attractions like the Old Port, Longfellow Arboretum and many more.
Trinity Episcopal Church is a historic landmark located in the city of Lewiston. This church building dates back to 1879 and features in the National Historic Register. The historic church continuously strives for the community and hosts various events and programs that will benefit the society. Youth programs, special events for women, counselling are few of the many endeavours undertaken by this church.
Built in 1902, the Lewiston Public Library is a public facility in Lewiston, Maine. The Greek design patterns were followed during its construction. Some of the features are oak pillars and fireplace mantels made out of fine woodwork. Originally, renowned as the Manufacturers and Mechanics’ Library, the present day library too comprises of Manufacturers and Mechanics Library stamps. It arranges for purchase of audio books, print publications, as well as music media. Varied events are also planned such as book clubs and story time, to enlist a few. It also provides software assistance on part of the clerical staff, as well as information on Lewiston history, enhancing the library experience.
The Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul is a magnificent church building established in 1936. Built with the Gothic style of architecture, this church forms a part of the Diocese of Portland. This beautiful basilica is the second largest in New England and has recently undergone renovations to look even more pretty. The sheer size and grandeur of the building are awe inspiring. The congregation is fully functional and conducts regular services and ceremonies. It has been a part of the National Register of Historic Places since 1983 because of its high architectural value.
Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center was a former orphanage back in 1888. Run by the Sisters of Charity of St. Hyacinthe, it featured a modest hospital of 30 beds. The present building was constructed in 1902 and is an example of the late Gothic style of architecture credited to its mention on the National Register of Historic Places. It boasts 233 beds and a department for emergency.