316 Emma St.
Findlay, OH 45840
Phone: (419) 422-0154
Fax: (419) 422-0154
The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library is open Monday through Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., until 5:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Riverside park proves to be the ultimate recreational avenue complete with swimming pools to beat the heat. It houses volleyball and tennis courts plus three playgrounds and also a softball field. The waterfront area of the part allows for public fishing and also pedal boats and canoes. All in all a great place for a family to spend quality time together enjoying the facilities and also a place for old friends to catch up over a game of volleyball.
The Black Heritage Library & Multicultural Center's mission is "to promote appreciation and understanding in cultural diversity." A variety of books, audio-visual materials and other educational supplies are available to borrow.
Dating back to the 1880s, the Charles H. Bigelow House is worth visiting owing to its splendid architecture. Owned by Charles Henry Bigelow, one can see extensive use of gas equipment like gas lamps in the house, thereby highlighting the extensive use of gas in those days. This beautiful mansion was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2006.
Ottawa Waterworks Building is located at Ottawa, Ohio, United States. This historic waterworks building was built in 1904 C.E and is Putnam County's oldest water pumping facility. The building is a single story brick structure and is decorated with stone and wooden elements. The building was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on September 13, 1976.
Constructed in 1912, Putnam County Courthouse is one of the most striking and well-maintained historic buildings in the city. The courthouse was built to replace the former court facility in the city of Kalida which was destroyed by fire. The majestic two-story structure was constructed in the Beaux-Arts style of architecture, and has pretty much all the original features intact.
Founded in 1917, the Ada Public Library is an important and integral part of Ada. Renovated in 1994, this library has a wide range of books, right from literature to magazines. It also has community meeting rooms that can accommodate almost 35 people, that is equipped with a kitchenette. For more details on services offered and other information, check website or call ahead.
One of the premier institutions of higher education in the State of Ohio, as well as the rest of the country, the Bowling Green State University has been a respected name in the field of education for several decades. Founded in 1910, the university has come to gain valuable knowledge and expertise in education, and offers an excellent academic and campus life to its students. See the website to know more.
Designed in the Romanesque architectural style, the Wood County Courthouse and Jail, is Wood County's third courthouse. Featuring a great clock tower at the top of the house, with the four sides facing clock that rings every hour is denoted as one chime per hour, and is still in use. The structure consists of jury assembly room, conference rooms, portable courtroom, judicial offices, etc. Besides this structure stands the Wood County Jail which was in use until the 1990 and was then renovated to be the Wood County Record Center and Law Library.