1 North Branch Road
Cuba, NY 14727
Phone: (585) 968-1992
Fax: (585) 968-3826
1 North Branch Road, Cuba, NY, US, 14727
- Phone: (585) 968-1992
- Fax: (585) 968-3826
A library rich with history and character, the Belmont Literary and Historical Society Library was built between 1893 and 1904. A stunning example of 19th Century vernacular public architecture, this two-story triangular red-brick structure also features a three-story clock tower. What started in 1885 as a small library with only forty volumes, today the library houses 16,235 volumes and circulates 32,617 items per year. The library has free membership and admission and also has WiFi internet facilities.
Located across State Street, is William O. Smith Recreation Center, a multi-sports facility. Its well-equipped sports center comprises swimming pool, ice skating rink, roller blading rink and a pavilion. Apart from regular practice sessions, this center also hosts local sporting events and tournaments. For more details, call ahead.
Located in central Olean, this magnificent church has been serving the Episcopal community of the city for more than 120 years. The church building, featuring Gothic Revival architecture, was designed by famed New York architect, Robert W. Gibson. A rectory and parish hall are part of the church complex. The St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Complex, was added to the National Register of Historic Places at the turn of the 21st Century, in 2001.
A Renaissance Revival structure that complements the nearby Beaux Arts Olean Public Library perfectly, the US Post Office-Olean was constructed in the period between 1910 and 1912. Designed under the supervision of James Knox Taylor, the two-story building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
What formerly stood as the monumental Smith Parish House, is today home to the renowned Portville Free Library. The building dates back to 1847 and is a fine model depicting the Colonial Revival and the Greek revival styles of architecture. It been incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
Nationally known car rental company that provides a wide range of high quality vehicles plus offers free pickup and delivery services.
Located nearby the Wellsville Erie Depot, the US Post Office-Wellsville was constructed in 1931. Conceptualized and designed by architects W.B. Olmsted and F.V. Murphy, this post office was added to the esteemed National Register of Historic Places in 1989. This Classical Revival style building also features two panels depicting the 'First League of Peace of the Iroquois tribes' and 'White Woman of the Genesee' respectively by Mary Jemison.