St. Joseph's Cathedral
50 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
+1 716 854 5855
One of Buffalo's oldest places of worship, St. Joseph's has been the main facility of Buffalo's Catholic Diocese since it opened in 1851. Built of gray limestone per the design of New York City architect Patrick C. Keeley, the Cathedral features three stained glass windows above the main altar, depicting the Incarnation
, which were gifts to Buffalo's Bishop Timon from Ludwig, King of Bavaria. All 5,300 pipes of the haunting 1876 Hook & Hastings Centennial Organ resound through the structure and summon keepers of the faith to worship.
Services are held at varying times.