2020 E. Main St.
Cortez, CO 81321
Phone: (970) 565-3474
Fax: (970) 565-0923
2020 E. Main St., Cortez, CO, US, 81321
- Phone: (970) 565-3474
- Fax: (970) 565-0923
This library houses a computer lab with ten computers and a children's reading room with a variety of selections to fit everyone's interest.
Hovenweep National Monument is renowned for the Ancient Pueblo or Anasazi people's village settlements. This national monument comes under the purview of National Park Service and is home to visitors center and picnic areas.
Founded in 1999, Guy Drew Vineyards uses over 35 acres of grapes producing various table wines of Riesling, syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon. Guy Drew Vineyards has their own brands such as the Crooked Creek, and Guy Drew Vineyards which you can taste in their tasting room.
Mesa Verde National Park is designated as the UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a U.S. National Park. Founded by President Theodore Roosevelt, it is home to archaeological preserves and is also included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Yucca House National Monument is an unexcavated archaeological site near Cortez, Colorado. A former Ancestral Pueblo village, the site was inhabited for about 200 years, between 1100 to 1300 CE. It includes rooms, community gathering areas, buildings and plazas. The site was declared a National Monument by President Woodrow Wilson in 1919 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1966.
Cliff Palace is a mammoth cliff dwelling in Mesa Verde National Park that was the abode of the Ancient Pueblo people. The dwellings are fabricated mainly from wooden beams, sandstone and mortar.
Mesa Verde protects over 4,000 known archeological sites, including 600 cliff dwellings. Other sites include mesa top pueblos, farming terraces, towers, reservoirs, and check dams.
Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, considered to be an archaeologically-important site among historians, is steeped in history. The monument is spread over a full area of about 176,056 acres (71,247 hectares). The Bureau of Land Management manages this landmark and preserves the archeological sites within its landscape. It features on the National Register of Historic Places.