1010 N. Main St.
Cloverdale, IN 46120
Phone: (765) 795-6900
Fax: (765) 795-7455
Greencastle in Indiana is swanked by the historic McKim Observatory. It is a monumental astronomical observatory and is functioned and owned by DePauw University. It was constructed in 1894 and is named after the prominent Robert McKim. A magnificent highlight of the site is the Clark 9.5 inch refractor that provides a view of the planets, moon, nebulae, star clusters and galaxies. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Courthouse Square Historic District finds itself on the prestigious U.S. National Register of Historic Places, and with good reason. Constructed in 1839 mainly out of limestone and brick, this precinct's main attraction is the Putnam County Courthouse which sports a grand clock along its entrance. Most of the buildings here manifest Late Victorian elements which make for interesting photo opportunities.
The Owen County Courthouse is a beautiful Classical Revival building constructed in 1911. Owing to its magnificent structure, it became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. The courthouse still continues to fulfill its purpose by the serving the people of the county.