11620 Chester Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45246
Phone: (513) 771-0370
Fax: (513) 771-1104
Gorman Heritage Farm is a 120-acre working farm and outdoor education center, which invites its visitors to explore and learn the history, methods and values of a working family farm in a natural setting. Guests are invited to spend time hiking the wooded trails, visiting the friendly animals and learning about life on a family farm.
Surrender to the awe inspired at this site that is still a baffling conundrum to modern historians. Located 90 miles southwest of Columbus, this historic mound is the finest remaining example of an Indian effigy mound that slithers over a quarter mile area and is five feet high in some places. The mound is a testament to the religious and mystical nature of the ancient Native Americans and there is a tower from which the mound may be viewed, as well as a small museum that explores what is known of the original inhabitants of the region and its geological history.
For over 100 years, Meier's has been making fine wines and it has become Ohio's oldest and largest winery. Tours of winemaking and barrel aging are available as well as a tasting room and wine shop.
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services.
The Elliott House is a farmhouse that is known as the core industrial area. The Eliott house featured various things on the property that helped engage in the business even at far distances. Around the house, summercamps were organised for kids and was also known as a center of education for school kids. This house is well known for it's architecture and is one of the oldest houses.
Located on the Northwest side of Cincinnati, MadTree Brewing's tap room is the talk of the town. Seasonal brews and classic ales, and lagers bring in the masses, while the pet -friendly policy adds to the laid-back vibe of the place. Try a flight of beers in order to choose your favorite, the Happy Amber and PsycHOPathy are the most popular brews to try.
Chateau Laroche, also known as the Loveland Castle, was built by Boy Scout and World War I medic, Harry D. Andrews. Andrews was known to be a medievalist, meaning he preferred sword combats over gun fire and weaponry. His castle also represents his medieval affinity, which was built with stones from the nearby Little Miami River, and molded bricks. Today, the castle is run by the Knights of the Golden Trai(KOGT), who were Harry's troop of Boy Scouts. Chateau Laroche offers tours to visitors, and is also available for private events.
The beautiful Romanesque structure is the Spring Grove Cemetery Chapel. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it was designed and conceptualized by Samuel Hannaford and Sons.
The Fortified Hill Works was registered in the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. In 1874, Ephraim George Squier and Edwin Hamilton Davis surveyed this area and have also mentioned it in their book, Ancient Monuments of the Mississippi Valley. The pecuilar feature of this site is that the earthworks that is generally on the inner side, in this case was on the external side of the walls.
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1985, the area represents the residential neighborhood of choice for Hamilton's prominent industrialists at the turn of the century. The 210 structures represent a variety of architectural styles from the last quarter of the 19th century through the first quarter of the 20th century.
Tucked away within Mt. Airy Forest, this arboretum is a peaceful and beautiful park. Spread out over 120 acres (48 hectares), the Mt. Airy Arboretum provides a tranquil space away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With over 1500 species of flora, the arboretum was established in 1911 and has been growing ever since. The most notable feature, the pond, is surrounded by lovely dwarf conifer trees. Others such as cherry, birch, maple, oak and more can be found throughout the grounds.
The Domhoff Buildings are located in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. They are two historic commercial buildings. The buildings were designed by architect W.W. Franklin and were built in 1893. Both the buildings are four stories high and has a mix of Italianate and Queen Anne style of architecture. The buildings got added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 11, 1980.