713 Plaza Dr.
Chesterton, IN 46304
Phone: (219) 929-4416
Fax: (219) 926-8611
Arts & Museums
This museum features Native American, pioneer, Victorian, and 20th century artifacts and vintage photographs detailing the history of this Duneland community from the Ice Age to the present.
Art school and gallery featuring the works of local artists including oils, pastels, water colors, acrylics, jewelry, and ceramics. Weekly classes and spring/summer workshops taught by artists from around the country are available.
The only lighthouse in Indiana, this museum offers three beautiful ship models that are on loan, an exhibit on Miss Harriet Colfax, the keeper from 1861 until 1904, and a display of running lights from the ship, Showboat.
Here you have the opportunity to view exhibits by significant painters, sculptors, and photographers in a historic building.
Michigan City East Light has been a landmark in Michigan City since 1904 and the most photographed as well. Its white octagonal structure is the most recognized symbol of the city and it is touted to be the only public lighthouse that is still operational in the state. Its raised walkway is a popular fishing spot.
Displays of military memorabilia from all eras including military vehicles/armament, uniforms, photos, edged weapons, posters, medals, firearms, research library, archives and more.
Located in the Center for the Arts at Valparaiso University, this museum is open to the public. The collection at this museum includes more than 1,600 works by American and European artists including prints, paintings, photography, sculptures, and religious art.
Bill Allen is a retired newspaper photographer who has photographed Lake Michigan for the past 15 years. He has more than 10,000 photos of the lake and the Michigan City Lighthouse.
This gallery features the works of more than 100 regional artists in a variety of media.
An amalgamation of the Romanesque and the Georgian styles of architecture has resulted into the Lake County Courthouse. It was built in 1878 by J. C. Cochran of Chicago, Illinois. This beautiful structure often referred lovingly as the "Grand Old Lady," now features a museum, restaurant, shops, a ballroom, Chamber of Commerce and City Court. It is one of the most visited sites in town.