Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
160 Centennial Drive
Carrollton, GA 30116
Phone: (770) 832-2611
Fax: (770) 832-2612
Serving Carroll, Douglas, Haralson, Heard and Paulding Counties, this full service library offers a large selection of books and reference materials, as well as many programs and events for both children and adults.
Situated on 138 acres, this park offers many recreational activities for guests to enjoy including camping, a sandy swimming beach, rental fishing boats, picnic shelters, hiking on a nature trail and a one mile lake loop trail, and a miniature golf course.
Situated on property listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the 25 acre Dunaway Gardens features the south's largest natural rock, floral gardens, spring-fed pools, stone waterfalls, and extensive hand-laid rock paths, walls, and staircases.
Built between 1835 and 1840, this Federal Vernacular style Antebellum plantation commanded 1,000 acres of cotton fields and is still on its original site.
Visit this historical place which tells the stories about the lifestyle of people during the period of Great Depression and World War 2. The history of McRitchie-Hollis can be traced back to 1939, when it was built. This house features the original furniture from that period and are a result of generous donations by Edgar Hollis.
Spread across 2.5 acres (1.01171 hectares) of land, Temple Avenue Park is known for its scenic beauty. It features a small gazebo which is used for hosting private events, especially weddings. The level wooded park features a play area for children and playground equipments, making it ideal for a fun day out with your friends and family.
The history of the Historic Downtown Newnan Square can be traced to the late 1800s when it was built. Today, the square remains intact in spite of the changes in its surroundings. This place is considered as one of the must visit place in the town and is surrounded by various eateries, restaurants and shops.
Coweta County Courthouse is presently used as a government building and its history can be traced to early 1900s. This is a beautiful architectural site, speaking of the Italian influences on the architects Christopher Wrenn and Andrea Palladro. This building is highlighted by a dome which is raised 100 feet about the square and bears resemblance to the Gibbs Radcliff Library.
An award winning completely restored Greek revival home that was saved from demolition and moved to its current location where it is now available for private functions.
Douglas County Courthouse is located at Douglasville, Georgia, United States. It is an old courthouse now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The courthouse is home to the Douglas County Museum of History and Art. The museum has exhibits of mid 20th-century like displays of cocktail shakers, school lunchboxes, children's phonographs, and items from a personal collection of Coca Cola articles.
Touted to be one of the fastest growing cities in Georgia, Douglasville's downtown area also has the distinction of being listed as a National Heritage Site. The century-old buildings manifest Romanesque, Gothic, Queen Anne and Italian architectural elements which have still been wonderfully preserved. The O'Neal town plaza with its charming brick fountain plays host to a number of festivals and community events all year round. Parks, golf courses, wildlife ponds, nature trails, public pools and soccer complexes dot the entire length of the city which is why it's so attractive for tourists.
The Fowler Field Park is used most often by the Douglas County Soccer Association as their practice field. But this park has more than just a football field. It features picnic spots, a playground as well as a 704 yard (643.738 m) walking track.