171 Palisade Drive
Brunswick, GA 31523
Phone: (912) 554-0455
Fax: (912) 554-8999
Arts & Museums
Located in the historic 1907 Lissner House, this museum contains archaeological and photographic exhibits, as well as historical displays, that depict the history of this port community.
Located in the 240-acre Jekyll Island Club Historic District, this 1906 Italian style mansion was built for Frank Henry Goodyear of New York as a winter retreat for his family. As one of the many "cottages" built by the elite wealthy at the turn of the 20th century, the Goodyear cottage is now the home of the Jekylll Island Art Association, a non-profit organization that promotes local arts as an art gallery with classes and workshops, monthly exhibits, a gift shop, concerts and other programs open to the public. The cottage is closed on legal holidays. Admission is free, but donations are accepted. - Natasha Lawrence
A 12,000 square foot regional art center which promotes local St. Simons Island artists and other Georgia artists in its six galleries. There are also four classrooms and conference rooms in the center.
A 45-minute boat ride from historic St. Marys aboard the Cumberland Queen will take you to the Gilded Age of the wealthy Carnegie family and 59-room Dungeness, their 1880s winter retreat. Forty square miles of beaches, salt marshes, bike trails, a camp ground, a maritime forest, historic buildings and about 150 feral horses draw thousands of visitors each year. Maintained by the National Park Service, guided tours of the grounds are included with the admission fee. The Sea Camp Ranger Station offers a children's program on ecology, wildlife and island history. Bring a picnic lunch, water and a camera.