Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
187 US 130 & 206
Bordentown, NJ 08505
Phone: (609) 298-5000
Fax: (609) 298-5009
Established by Clara Barton, the founder of the American Red Cross; as the first tax-supported free school in New Jersey, the Clara Barton School is open by appointment.
A branch of the Burlington County Library System, the Bordentown Library is open Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Fridays and Saturdays until 5:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sundays.
This was the home of Francis Hopkinson, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, from 1774 until his death in 1791. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Francis Hopkinson House was used as British headquarters when the town was occupied during the Revolutionary War.
Next door to the Francis Hopkinson House, this was the home of early American portrait painter and sculptor, Patience Lovell Wright (1725-1786). A miniature wax sculpture designed by Patience Lovell Wright is in the Bordentown Historical Society
The Roebling Machine Shop is an industrial estate located in Trenton, New Jersey. Built in 1890, the company was known as one of the leading suppliers of steel wire rope in its heydays. Built by Roebling and Charles, the building features Industrial Basilica style architecture. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
This house, which was the home of William Trent for whom the city of Trenton in named, overlooks the Delaware River and is the oldest building in Trenton; the house serves as a Colonial period time capsule, taking visitors back in time to the Eighteenth century with poignant accuracy. The house also occupies an important spot in history, as it played a key role in the Battle of Trenton.
Since 1893, the Trenton Battle Monument has glorified American troops under George Washington's command that defeated three Hessian regiments in the Battle of Trenton on December 26, 1776; the monument is one hundred fifty feet high and made of granite.
Trenton City Hall was built in 1907. This iconic building is an example of the Renaissance style of architecture. Spread over two floors, it houses several municipal offices and civic departments including the mayor’s office. It features on the National Register of Historic Places.
This historic home belonged to the Quarter Master of the Continental army, and served as headquarters for General George Washington in 1777.
The monumental First Presbyterian Church in Trenton, Mercer County is precisely located at East State Street. It was constructed in 1727 and famed Henry Collin Minton took over the reins as a pastor in 1902. It strives to build faith and love through its various activities, worship and learning programs. It also features in the National Register of Historic Places.
Spread over 35 acres, Grounds For Sculpture is a sprawling park that has dedicated itself to promoting a love for contemporary sculpture. Permanent outdoor sculptures attract visitors while an indoor center changes exhibits regularly. Check website for details.
St. Michael's Church is a historic church established in 1748. Constructed in the Gothic Revival style of architecture, it was designed by Augustine M. and VanKirk. This beautiful church is functional and has been a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1982 because of its great historic significance.