Kalmia Gardens of Coker College
1624 West Carolina Avenue
Hartsville, South Carolina 29550
Located on the bluffs of Black Creek, these gardens are on the site of the early 19th century plantation of Captain Thomas Edwards Hart for whom Hartsville is named and were developed in the early 1930's by Mrs. David R. Coker. Over 30 acres of trails wind their way through the native and imported plants of these gardens all the way down to Black Creek.