301 S. Black Horse Pk.
Bellmawr, NJ 08031-2314
Phone: (856) 931-2800
Fax: (856) 931-2992
301 S. Black Horse Pk., Bellmawr, NJ, US, 08031-2314
- Phone: (856) 931-2800
- Fax: (856) 931-2992
Also referred to as Hillman Hospital House, the Gabreil Daveis Tavern House served the boatmen who traveled across the Big Timber Creek. This historical landmark that dates back to 1756 is incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The oldest known house in the historically African-American town of Lawnside, the Peter Mott House was residence of Peter Mott, a free African-American preacher who was the first Sunday school superintendent at Mount Pisgah African Methodist Episcopal Church in Lawnside, and his wife, Eliza. Mott was an agent of the Underground Railroad. Now a public museum open on Saturdays or by appointment, the restored house is listed on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places.
The Haddonfield Historic District is a charming little district which has its roots back to 1701. Spread across an area of 203 acres (82 hectares), the district has a mix of Late Victorian, Mid 19th Century Revival and Federal styles of architecture. It got itself a spot in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The renowned Samuel Mickle House is also referred to as the Hip Roof House. The historic home was constructed in 1736 and is also a registered site on the National Register of Historic Places.
This eighty acre site was once the site of a working farm and mill and a stop on the Underground Railroad, and now functions as a vibrant arts center; the grounds are centered around a sixteen room farmhouse, the original section of which was constructed in 1753. The site is now home to the Cherry Hill Arts Center.
The Gloucester County Historical Library specializes in genealogy. Its collection includes vertical files for hundreds of Delaware Valley families, more than 300,000 vital statistics records, over 2,200 microfilm reels of census, wills, deeds, newspapers, church and cemetery records, and 900 family genealogy volumes.
Situated between Woodbury City Hall and Friendship Fire House, Woodbury Public Library houses a nice collection of fiction and non-fiction books, periodicals, DVDs, videos, CDs, audiocassettes, public computers and more. A variety of children's programs are available throughout the year.
Popularly known as the largest ocean liner of the United States and also known as the fastest ocean liner that can cross the Atlantic in the best speed possible, the SS United States is the pride of U.S. This beauty also served as a passenger ship for a few years. She welcomes several people aboard, also press reporters, events are organised here currently. She lights up on special occasions and is an absolute beauty to watch and visit whenever present here.
Located along the Philly waterfront is a much loved local haunt—literally! Because The Fright Factory is Philadelphia's very own local haunted house. The Fright Factory has three main attractions—"Pitch Black"which is a dark maze where nasty things await to pounce in the pitch darkness, "CarnEvil 3-D"—a blacklit 3-D maze with evil and hungry clowns and the "Forgotten Insane Asylum"—a haunted house-type maze with an asylum theme where crazy forgotten factory workers have been experimenting and mutating since the depression. All in all, the house doesn't fail to entertain and is a total scream. This place is definitely not for the faint-hearted!
Built between 1906-1908, the George Sharswood School is a Colonial Revival style structure. The brick and stone institute has been an esteemed elementary school in the neighborhood of Whitman for several decades now. A part of the Philadelphia Public Schools, it has been a designated historic site since 1988.
This library features a wide array of books, periodicals, journals, reference and research materials, CDs, audio tapes, video tapes, DVDs, and more.
Volney G. Bennett Lumber Company is located at New Jersey, United States. It was built in the year 1904 C.E by architects Bennett and Volney. It was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on August 5, 1993.