773 Batesville Blvd
Batesville, AR 72501
Phone: (870) 698-1855
Fax: (870) 698-1855
The historical structure, known as the Marrow Hall, is one of the oldest private educational institutions in Arkansas. It stands firm ever since it was built in 1873 and retains its Renaissance style of architecture. This rectangular building with ornate window trimmings was also known as the academic house. It is used by the Presbyterian Church for Sunday School sessions.
Garrott House is located in Batesville, Arkansas. It was built in 1842 by architect George Case for his wife's sister and husband. The house is a one-and-a-half-story structure and has two large rooms on each side of a hall with fireplaces as well. The house got added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 24, 1971.
Featuring an area of 164.7 acres (66.7 hectares) of land, the Jackson State Park is a great tourist attraction. Comprising of the Jacksonport courthouse that is available for tours with it's historical significance, also the steamboat stop and trading center at the White and Black River, the park also consists of the Jackson Guards Memorial. A steamwheeler steamboat was donated to this park and it commenced as a museum in the year 1976. This park was added as the National Historic Place.