Econo Lodge Fort Gordon
2051 Gordon Hwy.
Augusta, GA 30909
Phone: (706) 738-6565
Fax: (706) 738-6565
2051 Gordon Hwy., Augusta, GA, US, 30909
- Phone: (706) 738-6565
- Fax: (706) 738-6565
Located in a circa 1830 pre-Civil War era home, this public library branch serves the historic Summerville neighborhood and offers a wide range of books, services, and programs for both adults and children.
The Gaming Cave is a Video Gaming center with Alienware computers, XBOX 360's and PS2's. They have over 150 games to choose from! The Gaming Cave hosts regular tournaments, bachelor parties, birthday parties, webkinz parties and just about every other type of party.
The Ezekiel Harris House is a part of the prestigious list of National Register of Historic Places. It is worth exploring for its splendid architecture; take a guided tour through the place. To know more, check the website.
Home of the last standing permanent structure built by the confederacy, this company supplied most of the gunpowder for Confederate troops and was the only structure every built by the C.S.A. A towering chimney stands a monument to the vast building that once stood on this site.
The nation's only industrial power canal still in use for its original purpose, this 19th century canal is located at the fall-line between the coastal plain and piedmont plateau and is over 11 miles long. The canal was built as a source of waterpower to attract manufacturing to the South and today is one of 18 nationally designated heritage areas and a wonderful spot for walking, biking, fishing, and canoeing.
Originally built as a flour and later textile mill, this vast historic building gives visitors a unique view of the past. TArtifacts from her days as a factory are scattered throughout the corridors and grounds which are now used as professional offices, residential loft apartments, and retail space for a variety of shopping and dining facilities.
The home of the famed governor George Walton, the Meadow Garden is now declared as a historical site. The house has a display of the artifacts that adorned his house apart form his certifications and other documents. Pristine and beautiful, the Meadow Garden is a must visit for all.
An architectural wonder, this building was constructed using 15 different brick designs, more than any other building in the entire world. The building features Romanesque Revival architectural style, twin spires, stained glass windows from Germany, and graceful arches and it served as a place of worship for Catholics for over 70 years. The building is open for tours and is a unique venue for cultural and social events. A gift shop is also on site that features works by regional artists and authors.
This park celebrates the legacy and aspirations of the oldest Black church in the United States, the historic Springfield Baptist Church, and provides a landscaped setting for two important sculptures by Richard Hunt.
The eminent First Baptist Church of Augusta is a distinguished Baptist church in the district of Augusta, Georgia. The area, where it stands at roughly one acre (0.40 hectares), and it was constructed in 1902. The look and the features are distinct, more due to the Beaux Arts architectural style that is very rare. It organizes Sunday services as well as Wednesday night programs that include family supper, pastor’s Bible study, children’s program, and much more.
Built in 1859 by a merchant, the Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson has been listed as a "Save America's Treasures" site by sheer virtue of being the childhood home of one of America's greatest presidents. Wilson passed some of the most profound years of his life in this house where he was moved by the ravaging effects of civil war. This double story brick house has been carefully preserved, and tours are conducted to all those interested in taking a walk down time. Check website for details.
The First Presbyterian Church is a monumental church site located in Augusta, Georgia in United States. Whilst the church was established in 1804, the erection of the building was done in 1812. The site was structured and designed by eminent architect Robert Mills. It is a fine representation of the Romanesque style of architecture. The Sunday morning worship session commences at 8:30 a and 11:00 a, whilst the Adult and Youth Sunday School begins at 9:45 a. The evening worship is organized at 6:30 a on Sundays.