15181 Patrick Henry Highway
Amelia Court House, VA 23002
Phone: (804) 561-4220
Fax: (804) 561-4299
The Manakin Episcopal Church was built in 1700 by French Huguenots who had settled in the region. In its long history, the church building was damaged and moved many times. It was destroyed during the Civil War and then restored using the parts recovered from the original structure. Built by Lawson & Newton, the current church is a Late Gothic Revival structure. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
Ranked in the top 100 hospitals in America by the Health Care Information Association, Johnston-Willis has one of the largest maternity units in Virginia. It also features one of the most comprehensive neuroscience centers on the East Coast. Another feature of Johnston-Willis is an oncology program accredited by the American College of Surgeons that provides comprehensive radiation and chemotherapy treatment. Johnston-Willis participates in clinical trials, has one of the area's most comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs and specializes in care of women and children.
The Byrd Presbyterian congregation was formed in 1748, and used a simple structure as their worship home until this beautiful church was constructed in 1837. The Byrd Presbyterian Church has been serving the Christian community in Goochland, for over 150 years. The church was designed by Albert Cosby and Valentine Parrish in the Greek Revival style. It features an elegant red brick facade, topped by slopping slate roof. Regular Sunday mass and a plethora of events are organized at this church.