1255 State Route 10 East
Whippany, NJ 07981
Phone: (973) 539-8350
Fax: (973) 539-9338
1255 State Route 10 East , Whippany, NJ, US, 07981
- Téléphone : (973) 539-8350
- Télécopie : (973) 539-9338
The coeducational Morristown-Beard School is a day school in Morristown that caters to students from grade six to 12. This college-preparatory school was established in 1971 by merging the Miss Beard Girls School and the Morristown Boys School. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
This historic site preserves the estate of Stephen Vail, the owner of the Speedwell Ironworks, with exhibits that explore the early development of the telegraph, an exhibit having to do with the S. S. Savannah, guided tours of the Vail Mansion, and much more being offered.
The home of the Morris County Historical Society, this Italianate mansion also serves as a museum that focuses on the Victorian era in the region, and offers exhibits of costumes, textiles, artifacts, decorative art items, and much more; the landscaped Victorian gardens that are located on the grounds of the mansion are also open to the public from dawn to dusk.
This Colonial home dates back the middle of the Eighteenth Century and was the home of Revolutionary War era physician, Doctor Jabez Campfield, and was later the residence of Doctor John Cochran, who was George Washington
This extraordinary structure, the Morris County Courthouse, was built in 1827 and has since been the hub of the judicial system. It features Greek Revival and Federal style of architecture and consists of two stories, a higher floor, chimneys and a domed cupola. This courthouse is on the National Register of Historic Places.
This national park is the site of a winter encampment of the American Continental Army, and includes a museum in the headquarters that were used by General George Washington.
This garden features a wide array of herbs and other plants that visitors may peruse.
Located on the campus of the College of Saint Elizabeth, this garden is a wonderful place to relax and commune with nature.
Serving as a natural research laboratory to the students of biology and life sciences at Drew University, the Zuck Arboretum was established in honor of botany faculty Robert and Florence Zuck. It consists of two small ponds that are home to turtles, goldfish, and catfish. Canadian geese, ducks and herons stop by during migration. The arboretum features native as well as exotic trees and plants. The arboretum is open to the public by appointment.
The Boonton Holmes Public Library houses over 30,000 books, newspapers, DVDs, videos, books on CD and cassette, genealogical resources, magazines and much more for adults and children for enjoy.
Named for the first governor of New Jersey, this park consists of one thousand one hundred fifty four acres, with fitness stations, athletic fields, jogging and hiking trails, horseshoe pits, skiing, and opportunities for swimming, boating, camping, and much more.
The Morristow National Historic Park, encompasses three sites, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The Ford Mansion was the winter quarters of George Washington, and adjacent to it is the museum open for tourists. The Fort Nonsense on the hilltop was the place of the signal fire, while the Jockey Hollow was the campsite of the Continental Army. Morristown was known as the military capital of the American Revolutionary War.