429 Duffy Ave.
Hicksville, NY 11801
Phone: (516) 433-3900
Fax: (516) 433-3909
429 Duffy Ave., Hicksville, NY, US, 11801
- Téléphone : (516) 433-3900
- Télécopie : (516) 433-3909
The Nassau County Aquatic Center is a magnificent facility comprising of 50 meter wide by 68 meters long swimming pool and state-of-the-art facilities. This public access aquatic center was constructed in the year 1998 as a part of the International Goodwill Games, and now, hosts various school and national level swimming and diving events. The 10 meter diving tower is, perhaps, one of its kind in the city and thus, making it a major attracting for diving enthusiasts. The pool is open for people of all ages with various recreational, therapeutic and training purposes. Besides, the center also comprises of a health club that overlooks the pool, and comprises of professional exercise equipments and amenities. Visit their website for more information.
Saint Mary's is a historic Episcopal church in Carle Place. It was built in 1926 and is an example of quintessential Tudor Revival architectural style. Their schedule comprises of weekly services and community events. This independent parish features on the National Register of Historic Places.
Part of the famous SPORTIME sports clubs, this Long Island location is a leading sports venue. The massive indoor complex features world class facilities for a plethora of sports and activities. Included in the complex is a hockey rink, five volleyball courts, an indoor rock climbing wall and a soccer and lacrosse field. The two NCAA regulation basketball courts are perfect to score a basket with a variety of programs, tournaments and leagues. For the child sports prodigies there is a practice field and development programs too. The facility has locker rooms, changing rooms, adjustable lighting and climate control. Tthe various courts, rinks and spaces can be rented for sporting or cultural events.
One of the many post offices that were constructed in New York as part of a public works endeavor during the time of the Great Depression, the US Post Office-Mineola serves the village of the same name which lies in two towns - North Hempstead and Hempstead. Constructed in 1936, this Colonial Revival brick building is known for its unusual hexagonal design, and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
The St. George's Episcopal Church is a beautiful ancient church built in 1822. Designed by Timothy & Clowes, it has a charming architecture. It became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, and still continues to function till date.
Founded in 1955, Garden City High School is a public academy in New York's Garden City. This esteemed institution is not only known for its academics but also for its athletics. Their lacrosse, hockey, football, soccer, swimming and fencing teams have all won championships and are one of the formidable sports teams in the state.
Replacing the 1860s church building, the Trinity Episcopal Church was built in 1906. This building is a result of efforts and endeavours of three esteemed residents namely, Katherine Duer MacKay, Stanford White and Louis Comfort Tiffany. While Katherine Duer Mackay initiated this ambitious reconstruction, renowned architect Stanford White designed the building and it is one of his last architectural works. Working closely with Katherine and White was gifted artist Louis Comfort Tiffany, who gave the church an artistic look complete with splendid stained glass windows. This beautiful and historic structure was included in the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. Presently, the church continues to spread the message of the Lord and strive for the community, and in a bid to accomplish these goals, it hosts lectures, workshops and other events regularly.
Established in in 1844, Grace Church is one of the earliest Episcopal churches in the city. Besides the striking Gothic Revival church building, the complex features numerous historic structures from the time. Prominent structures within the complex include the Floyd-Jones family cemetery and DeLancey Floyd-Jones Free Library.
Designed by William Bottomley, the Oyster Bay Post Office was established in 1936. A Colonial Revival building, it was meant to replicate the Oyster Bay Town Hall situated nearby. Scenes from local history are depicted through many of Ernest Peixotto's murals, and the ceiling has been beautified by Arthur Sturges' depiction of North America receiving mail from women of various countries via planes and ships. Apart from being placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989, the post office also forms a part of the Oyster Bay History Walk.
Popularly known as the Oueen of the Rosary Motherhouse Complex, the Sisters of St. Domnic Motherhouse Complex is historic convent that is runned by the sisters living there. Featuring five prominent structures, cemetery, grotto, rosary hall which includes the chapel, the quadrangle with the Cloister Garden in the center, and the Seraphina cottage. The structures are designed in the Gothic and Greek Revival architectures and was listed on the registers of National Historic Places in the year 2007.
The mansion-like historic Cold Spring Harbor Library is a picturesque library located near the waters. Admire its Classic Revival architecture as well as scenic views. It features a stage and patio, as well as hosts an array of community events. With friendly staff around to assist, this facility makes one feel warm and welcome.
Ekram Limousine is the Premier Limousine Company in the Glen Cove and Long Island region. Ekram Limousine is known for its customer service, which has been the key to their success for over 15 years. They have a professional and courteous staff that will help you from your reservation to final destination. Ekram Limousines, SUVs and town cars are meticulously maintained and chauffeured by trained experienced professionals.